Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hood is done! I grafted the top seam. Now to pick up the edge stitches and do the ribbing. Then I'll sew on the sleeves. I'm very pleased with the way this is coming out. After washing and blocking the front/back piece prior to adding the hood, I discovered my gauge is off 1 stitch in 4". It is looser than I intended, but I like it just fine.

Finished Paul's entrelac scarf this weekend. Three full balls of Rowan Tapestry (wool and soy fibre). It's very soft and non-itchy. On the right it is preblocking. Below is the finished scarf. It ended up 6 feet long.

I finally wove in the ends and blocked out this scarf over the weekend. I finished it before Christmas, and it has been sitting in an undistinguished heap for a month, poor thing. I used the Peaks and Valleys Scarf pattern by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer from the 2006 pattern a day calendar (Oct. 7). I had some silk/wool left over from a shawl I made. This scarf ended up six feet long, too.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I just found your blog while I was searching for Wonderful Wallaby pictures. Your knitting is BEAUTIFUL. The sweaters you've made.....they amaze me!

You have a new fan!